HAWT PILATES - NEW training November 1-4 2018
HAWT Pilates was developed by Megan Bellamy Brown, PT, DPT, Doctor of Physical Therapy & Pilates Practitioner with 20 years of experience in teaching multiple populations. The HAWT Pilates Certification Program Includes completion of seminar hours plus contact hours including:
- HAWT class observation hours (15)
- HAWT class participation hours (15)
- HAWT self practice hours (15)
- HAWT student teaching hours (30)
- Required readings: 1 book required, 1 book recommended, not included in price of training
- Passing a practical and written exam is required in order to obtain HAWT Pilates certification through Mind the Mat, LLC.
- A prerequisite of training in fitness, yoga, dance, or allied health is strongly suggested.
Four Day Seminar Includes:
- Foundations of HAWT Pilates
- Posture Clinic & Skilled Cueing
- Anatomy & Biomechanics of the Core
- Signature 3-Dimensional Sequencing
- Capturing & Keeping Your New Audience
- Business Aspects: Increase Your Revenue
- Daily HAWT Pilates Classes
Admission requires an application and interview process. Apply Here»
Price including observation and participation hours and continued mentorship: $1800.
- Thursday, November 1st 6:00 - 9:30PM Marymount University Department of Physical Therapy
- Friday, November 2nd 8:30 - 5:30PM Mind the Mat Del Ray
- Saturday, November 3rd 11:00 - 7:30PM Mind the Mat Del Ray
- Sunday, November 4th 8:30 - 5:30PM Marymount University Department of Physical Therapy
STUDIO OWNERS: Interested in certifying your studio? Licensing available. To inquire and/or apply, please contact the founder and director, Dr. Megan Brown at email@example.com
Dr. Megan Brown discovered Pilates after finding herself in an advanced class by accident. She was awed by the method and surprised that she needed to mentally connect with her body and control her muscles in a way she'd never experienced in her typical weight lifting, running and spinning practices. To enhance her skills at a physical therapist (PT), Megan pursued her Pilates certification through Polestar, an organization founded by a PT. A bit more about Megan:
- Bachelor of Science in Education, Sports Medicine from the University of Virginia (1996)
- Doctorate in Physical Therapy from Marymount University (Masters of Science 2001, Doctorate transition 2007)
- Outstanding Student Award Marymount University Program in Physical Therapy (2001)
- Polestar Practitioner of Pilates for Rehabilitation (2003 & recert 2012)
- Adjunct faculty & lecturer in Pilates at Marymount University Doctor of Physical Therapy Program
- Co-Founder of Mind the Mat Pilates & Yoga (2008).
- Anatomy, biomechanics & special populations lecturer at Mind the Mat 200-HR Yoga Teacher Training
- Neurologic physical therapy including stroke, Parkinson's, spinal cord injury, brain injury at National Rehabilitation Hospital in Washington D.C.
- Orthopedic out-patient physical rehabilitation with focus in Pilates therapeutic exercise prescription & manual therapy
- Specialized content creator in Pilates for: Prenatal & postpartum women, runners, therapeutic populations, neurological conditions, pain management
- Two time investigator in published Alzheimer's research involving exercise intervention
- Brand ambassador for Lululemon (2014-legacy ambassador, current)